An unflavoured liquid consisting of protein (milk and soya), fat (soya, MCT, linseed, sunflower and fish oils), carbohydrate (maltodextrin), vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Not suitable where enteral nutriton is not permitted.
- Not suitable for infants under one year of age.
- Shoud only be used under medical supervision.
- Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition for children under 5 years of age.
Indications for use
- Fresubin® original is intended for the dietary management of patients at risk of malnutrition.
- Fresubin® original is prescribable on FP10/GP10 for the following indications: short bowel syndrome, intractable malabsorption, pre-operative preparation of patients who are undernourished, patients with proven inflammatory bowel disease, following total gastrectomy, bowel fistulae, disease related malnutrition.
- All prescriptions must be endorsed ACBS (Advisory Committee on Borderline Substances).
Dosage should be calculated by a clinician or dietitian according to individual requirements. As a guide
- For complete nutrition:
1500ml Fresubin® original provides 1500kcal and 57g protein and meets the average adult recommended daily requirements for vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- When commencing tube feeding:
It is recommended that the full dose of Fresubin® original is introduced gradually over 2-3 days.
- Store in a cool place, do not store above 25°C.
- Once opened, can be stored for up to 24 hours in a refrigerator.
- EasyBag: 15 months from date of manufacture.